Man, 30, baffles doctors after X-ray scans find a 61cm charger in man’s bladder

A man who presented to doctors complaining of abdominal pain reportedly had a “history of accidental ingestion of headphones”.

The man reportedly had a history of 'history of accidental ingestion of headphones'. Picture: SWNS/Mega
Doctors in Assam, India were left baffled after finding a 61cm phone charger inside a man's bladder.

X-ray scans showed the entangled lead inside an unnamed patient's bladder.

The 30-year-old – who is said to have a 'history of accidental ingestion of headphones' – visited the doctors after complaining of abdominal pain last week.

One of the doctor said he had not seen anything like it in his 25 years of experience in surgery. Picture: SWNS/Mega.
One of the doctors on his team, consultant surgeon Dr Walliul Islam told The Hindu the man had initially lied and said he had ingested a headphone chord.

He was then given a two-day course of laxatives in a bid to alleviate the stomach pain before doctors performed a small incision into his gastrointestinal track, however the surgeons were unable to locate the chord.

It wasn't until a secondary X-ray conducted in the operation theatre revealed the obstruction was actually a charging chord that had found its way into the man's bladder.

After an unsuccessful surgery in the man’s gastrointestinal tract yielded no results, the doctors realised they were looking in the wrong place. Picture: SWNS/Mega
Dr Islam said that had the patient initially told him the truth, the surgery could have been avoided altogether.

The cord could have been extracted via the penile urethra through which he had inserted [it], he said. Doctors believe it had been inserted for "sexual gratification".

The operation took a team of five medics 45 minutes to remove the lead, with Dr Islam admitting he had never seen anything like this in his 25-year career.

Some people do things for sexual gratification, but this man took things a little too far, he said.

The man spent three days recovering in hospital before he was released home

No comments

Thanks for viewing, your comments are appreciated.

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Olomoinfo, Readers are SOLELY responsible for their comments.

Need to contact us for gossips, news reports, adverts or anything?
Email us on;

Powered by Blogger.