TRNC Health Ministry warned that Covid-19 pandemic is still continuing

The TRNC Health Ministry on Wednesday warned that the Covid-19 pandemic was still not over.

A statement released by the ministry pointed out that there was a rise in case numbers but that there is no increase in the number of hospitalizations.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the TRNC Health Ministry warned that the Covid-19 pandemic was still continuing.

It said that even though there has been a recent uptick in the number of cases recently as in other parts of the world, there was no increase in the number of hospitalizations, any admissions to intensive case or deaths reported.

Responding to BRT’s questions via telephone, the Health Ministry Undersecretary Assoc. Prof. Dr. Deren Oygar said that there were signs that the virus had mutated, the differences which could be observed in patients’ symptoms and reasons for hospitalizations.

Noting that the virus was still affecting the upper respiratory tract at the moment, she said people were mainly applying to hospitals with complaints of fever, sore throat and fatigue.

Explaining that the number of polyclinics had been increased at the hospitals, Oygar said that the system of assigning doctors to track positive patients was reintroduced.

She also pointed out that those with breathing complaints or other serious issues could seek medical attention at emergency rooms out of office hours.

Referring to the importance of those under risk groups to be extra cautious, Oygar said it was very important that those who have symptoms, regardless whether or not their test results are positive, should wear masks when going out and about for daily business.

She also added that getting booster vaccinations should not be neglected.

Noting that the Higher Committee for Infectious Diseases which operates under the Health Ministry and the Infection Control Committees were following all developments related with the pandemic daily via the World Health Organization and other scientific centres, Oygar stressed that the Health Ministry is taking all necessary measures in the event there is a change in the course of the virus in the future.

She also announced that the bi-communal technical health committee will convene next week to evaluate the current situation.

Meanwhile, the Health Ministry announced the weekly Covid-19 figures on Wednesday.

Accordingly, 1,499 new positive cases have been detected as a result of 15 thousand 517 tests carried out between June 22 and 28.

BRTK

No comments

Thanks for viewing, your comments are appreciated.

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Olomoinfo, Readers are SOLELY responsible for their comments.

Need to contact us for gossips, news reports, adverts or anything?
Email us on; olomoinfo@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.