Mobile phone catches fire while in man’s pocket in south Cyprus

A 35-year-old man from ​​Famagusta district, south Cyprus suffered a leg burn when his expensive new mobile phone caught fire while in his trouser pocket.

He is now taking legal action against the manufacturer and the company that sold him the faulty mobile phone, Philenews reported on Thursday.

He bought the phone – worth over a thousand euros – three months ago from a company in Paralimni and was paying it off with monthly installments.

However, shortly after 9 am. on October 25 he was walking down the hallway of the complex where he worked as a technician when he felt a severe burning sensation on his thigh.

He immediately realized it was coming from the side pocket of the trouser he was wearing.

At the same time, thick smoke began to come out of the pocket as the burn was becoming more and more painful.

After realizing something was wrong with his cell phone, he threw the toolbox he was holding and the noise prompted his colleagues to come out of their offices.

In a split second he removed his trousers while his colleagues with a fire extinguisher put out what was smoking.

No comments

Thanks for viewing, your comments are appreciated.

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Olomoinfo, Readers are SOLELY responsible for their comments.

Need to contact us for gossips, news reports, adverts or anything?
Email us on;

Powered by Blogger.